Haverhill Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kedington Meadowlark Sports event - June 7th

Go down

Kedington Meadowlark Sports event - June 7th Empty Kedington Meadowlark Sports event - June 7th

Post by setitesuk Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:29 am

Hi All,

I haven't met many of you yet, having only just joined at this years AGM, but I hope to get involved pretty quickly.

I am involved in the organisation of events at the Kedington Meadowlark week, which culminates with the Grand Meadowlark Fete on the meadow on Sat June 13th.

Other events include bingo, dance/music, carpet bowls, darts and crib, and on Sunday 7th (around 2pm in the afternoon) Cream Teas and some family event.

The last four years have been a kids Fete, and Family prize bingo, but this year we wanted to change the focus and I suggested some sort of sporting event, like a kids/family duathlon on the Meadow (@Kedington Community centre) with other things perhaps as well (I don't know what would be needed to organise a cycle or run around the village).

I was there for the discussion of the HCC sportive/HaverCyclo, and I in no way wish to hijack either event. However, I noticed that you did want to make the HCC more noticed and out there, and wondered if you might be interested in helping/taking part/supporting or just giving me pointers in how and what to organise for this.

I will say up front that this would not be to raise money for anything other than the Kedington Community Association (as they have specifics they need to follow as a registered charity themselves) but you could have a stall with flyers, chatting to people, etc.

I plan to pop into Aerocycles soon to speak with them about it as a business support, but this is just to sound you all out about it and get any comments.

If posting this here is out of turn, then my apologies, I am a newbie to the club after all.

I hope to make this Sunday's ride at 10am, and I will speak with whoever wants to then.

Thanks for reading.

Andy

setitesuk
HCC HUB Newbie
HCC HUB Newbie

Back to top Go down

Kedington Meadowlark Sports event - June 7th Empty Re: Kedington Meadowlark Sports event - June 7th

Post by setitesuk Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:04 am

Hi All,

Thanks for listening on Sunday night at the general meeting, and giving me some ideas and support.

We have a Meadowlark committee meeting next Tuesday, and I will be bringing to that my plans and that you guys would be interested in supporting/helping, and possibly having a stall at Meadowlark on Sat 13th. I think we could certainly accommodate the idea of the static bike races on that day if you wanted to bring that one along. Any comments/further ideas would be most appreciated.

I have drawn up some plans for a kids duathlon for Sunday 7th. They are on Strava

Bike:  https://www.strava.com/routes/1510307
Run:  https://www.strava.com/routes/1504407

Kids will start with the bike, and do 1/2/3 laps depending on age, and then transition to run, again with 1/2/3 laps

Under 7's 0.7km Bike, 0.35km Run (parents could go round with them as it will be fairly slow) 2pm->2.40pm
Under 12's 1.4km Bike, 0.7km Run (might need to do this in 2 lots, if some under 10's need parents, this might be in 2 lots) 2.40pm ->3.30pm
Over 12's 2.1km Bike, 1km Run 3.30pm -> 4.30pm

Even if you wouldn't be able to support the event, I would appreciate any comments from you as to how you think this would work.

Thanks for listening

Andy

setitesuk
HCC HUB Newbie
HCC HUB Newbie

Back to top Go down